Excessive bounces on this list

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 26 06:04:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 08:45 +1000, Simon Slater wrote:
> What couses bouncing, excessive or not?

If it's not your mailbox filling up, and being unable to accept more
mail until you clear it, then it's your ISP not accepting mail (perhaps
for similar reasons, but not your mailbox individually - such as their
entire mail file system being too full or too busy, or implementing bad
thought out anti-spam procedures).  A third reason might be something
between your ISP and the list, but I suspect the second reason is
probably the one.

About your only recourse for the second reason (it's the ISP), is to
change where you receive your mail.  Sign up for another mail account,
somewhere, and use that for receiving list mail.  Otherwise, you'd have
to try and convince your ISP to lift their game (good luck with that).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.