Printing: how to setup.

Strong strong_yethumble at pochta.ru
Fri Oct 26 09:17:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:12:18 -0500 Aaron Konstam
<akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> The most effective way to set up printers is through cups web
> interface (localhost:631). That is as long as the web interface can
> reach an appropriate printer driver. system-config-printer is not
> really the same thing..

Well. Seems as it is the same thing that is related to its setting up.
Of course, it is more complicated - offers job management, etc, but
what is related to setting up / modifying - offers the same options
with the same results - at least it did print only through the
usb://unknown/ - likewise the system-config-printer.

In any way, as the tools offer diver options and sometimes do not
"understand" one another's parameters. What's the best solution for if
there is one for such a job? Is in KDE a thing that appears at the
clock panel and through which I can manage printing jobs?

Thanks in advance.