BIOS upgrading

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Fri Oct 26 18:53:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

>     What makes you think it was your BIOS that caused the problem?
> Please send us your grub.conf so we can see what it is. Also tell us
> more about your computer. Age and BIOS type.

Well, I got one other exactly equal machine which runs FC6. It took me over
one day to get that working and it would only work after upgrading the BIOS.

Besides the fact that this mainboard is hard to handle, it is also very
strange that the fedora7 installer can find the partitions and installs well,
but grub isn't able to boot from it. Somehow I think this is a bug in grub.

regards,
Marcel