Some advise please... Re: "Loading" Xwindows from the command line

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Oct 26 22:29:41 UTC 2007

John Bradley wrote:
>> Taking another aproach...

Any reason that Ed's suggestions last night didn't work for you?

>> I've loaded LINUX on to another hard drive hoping to be able to
>> access the data on the drive without xwindows.  Now find that
>> although the various partitions are present, I don't have the
>> necessary access to mount them - even as root.

That doesn't make sense.  Please provide some error output and
permissions of the devices.  What linux system have you installed on
the other hard drive?  How did you try to mount the old disk?

The folks with magic eight balls are all on vacation. :)

The only justifiable purpose of political institutions is to assure
the unhindered development of the individual.
    -- Albert Einstein