Printing: how to setup- apology

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 27 13:03:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 18:32 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 15:02 +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 16:17 +0700, Strong wrote:
> > > In any way, as the tools offer diver options and sometimes do not
> > > "understand" one another's parameters. What's the best solution for if
> > > there is one for such a job? Is in KDE a thing that appears at the
> > > clock panel and through which I can manage printing jobs?
> >
> > In what way do system-config-printer and the CUPS web interface
> > misunderstand one another?  Can you be more specific?
> >
> This is hard to explain quickly. But for one thing their is no way using
> system-config-printer that I know to distinguish between the
> configuration in the client.conf file of remote printers on the same LAN
> versus  remote printers on a different LAN.
Ok, when I am wrong I am wrong as I have too often said before. I had
not looked at system-config-printer in a long time. Now it almost
indistinguishable from the cups web interface. It used to be terrible
but now it seems ok. Sorry to go off on something I had not looked at in
a very ,long time.
[A computer is] like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no
mercy. -- Joseph Campbell
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net