Re: Gimp 2.4.0 in F7

On 10/27/07, Patrick <flymooney gmail com> wrote:
> Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> > Defining your clone source and just clicking
> > will do a spot heal the size of your brush but click and dragging just
> > makes a mess.
>
>    I am not real sure what the heal tool does that the clone tool does
> not do.

It seems to apply a blur to the region being copied before pasting it
to the target spot. Quite handy but I am not sure why they didn't just
add that as a checkbox in the normal clone tool. It would be nice to
have some adjustability of how much blurring is applied too.

The problem I am witnessing is when I click and drag the heal tool, I
don't just get a nice blurred path. I get some severe jagged edges
that are very ugly when healing over high contrast areas.

/Mike