nvidia

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:46:11 UTC 2007

David Boles wrote:

> Just curious. The firewire drive problem. Are you staing that what you
> say, that they don't work well, is *all* Fedora and that they do work well
> with other distributions? Or that they don't work with the kernels, same
> number, of all of them?

In fedora, whether they work or not changes as fast as the weather in
Chicago.  Other distributions don't push changes out to users just to
see what happens.  In more sensible times, there was an explicit
'unstable' branch for kernel development so it was clear what had a
chance of working in a distribution.  Now all the wild and crazy changes
are thrown in the same pot and it is left up to each distribution to
guess what is ready for prime time.

> Honestly if these drives were as important to me as you say that they are
> for you and that they worked with a different distro I would have switched
> a long, long time ago.

I did - and the Centosplus kernels have not given me any unpleasant
surprises.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com