nvidia

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 29 21:06:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:19:59 -0500
"Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:

> The C128 was interesting in that it had 2 processors. It would
> switch to the Z80 processor when running in the CP/M mode. It also
> ran CP/M 3 or CP/M Plus (Different names for the same thing.) so you
> could use more then 64K of RAM using memory paging.

It's my understanding that the CP/M mode of the C128 was very under-utilized
and under-appreciated.

I had a rather good accounting program that just happened to be a full-fledged
database program as well.  I thought it was called "TAS: The Accounting
Solution", but I just looked that up and there still is a "TAS: The Accounting
Solution" and all they mentioned there was DOS so it might have been something
else.  It was definitely CP/M; I remember that it came on Kaypro formatted
disks and the Commodore 1571 drive read them with no problem.  I also learned
dBase II on the C128 in CP/M mode.

I had a fairly decent little collection of CP/M software for my C128, at one
time....