nvidia

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Oct 29 22:32:23 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> If the kernel team insists on pushing out untested, broken stuff
> (and I think that's a given, with no development branch), it is now
> a distribution issue to decide what is fit to push out to the users.
> It is not off-topic at all, and I'll keep bringing it up as long as
> I have any hope that the fedora team cares at all if the update
> kernels they push out will boot.  And if they don't care they should
> provide some truth-in-advertising and say exactly that on their
> project page.

This list isn't the best way to reach the kernel maintainers.  They
have a list just for those discussions (fedora-kernel-list).  If
you're serious about proposing changes that you feel are needed, then
that's a far better place than here to do it.  Otherwise, you're just
pissing into the wind (and causing it to blow back on the rest of us).

Please be sure to suggest to Dave Jones and the others on the kernel
list that you're not sure if they care if kernels they push to the
stable update repo are bootable.  I'm sure they'll all appreciate
that.

Going to hell when I die would just be redundant.