nvidia

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 13:40:17 UTC 2007

on 10/30/2007 9:09 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Scott van Looy wrote:
>> I _am_ knocking NVidia. They should open their damn drivers ;)
>
> Why, instead of you choosing an OS that cooperates with vendor efforts?
>   First, they claim that they don't own what you want them to give you,
> and second, what basis do you have to tell them what to do even if that
> was a legal option for them?
>
> On the other hand, if Linux were more cooperative with vendor drivers
> perhaps there would soon be a large enough base of users that would make
> it attractive to have a source-available driver and they would pay what
> it takes to obtain the right to do that.

So now you want Fedora to buy a license for a "source-available driver"
and to include it in a Fedora release, and then *give* it to you? For free
I gather? You are kidding here right? How much would you be willing to pay
for a release like that if Fedora would do it?

BTW - When pigs fly.

If I had hardware that is as poorly supported as you claim your's is I
would do one of two things. One. I would replace the hardware with
something that works with Fedora. Two. I would search for a Linux
distribution that works with my hardware.

One thing that i would *not* do. I would *not* do what you do on a regular
basis. Come here with a 'poor me - you're picking on me' attitude. To date
you are the *only* one that seems to have these problems consistently with
Fedora. If I had problems like what you claim to have I would have left
Fedora long, long ago.

--

  David