Re: speedy recompiles

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 12:57:39 Chris Jones wrote:
> > Do you have ccache installed?  That will cache previous compiles.
>
> You know, occasionally I hear about something neat from this list, above
> the background noise...
>
> Looking into it now. If it works as it claims should be a bonus for a
> few things I work on.
>
> cheers Chris

ccache?  Its usefullness is somewhere near the top of the list, right below
bottled beer and sliced bread.  It cuts out 50 to 95% of the time to do a
repeat compile, costs you maybe 5% longer on the first use.  Indispensable
IMO.  Don't do another make without it.

--
Cheers. Gene
"There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty: