bash History on F7

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Oct 30 20:40:08 UTC 2007

> Note, this was written in 1990 or so, when ksh was a very new toy. It
> has been working untouched for about 15 years, and the only thing
> changed is that on exit I now shred, purge, or at least delete the file
> for security. The world is a scarier place now. :-(

Nice script.  Have a look at these guys on your box though, if you are
using KDE and I think Gnome too.

~/.recently-used.xbel     <--- eye opener
~/.recently-used
~/.thumbnails/normal/*
~/.thumbnails/large/*

I found you can set ~/.bash_history to be an empty ro file and inside a
session the history still works, for xterm-type things anyway.

-Andy