Smolt - Hardware Database - Wiki

Hi List,

I want to encourage you to extend http://smolts.org/wiki/ with entries for problematic hardware.

How to submit your hardware profile:

$ smoltGui

or directly

$ smoltSendProfile

Point your browser at the URL with your resulting profile. Rate your hardware according to the functionality, follow the link to the wiki (only for non-out-of-the-box-working hardware) to provide useful information for others.

Examples:
http://smolts.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=nvidia&go=Go

Then, if a user is having problems with a specific piece of hardware, point him to the wiki entry. Extend the wiki, let it be a useful tool for all linux users.

Spread the word. The more wiki entries we get, the most we have of it.

Thx,
Harald