How best get rid of SELinux?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 24 22:35:34 UTC 2007

Alan M. Evans wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 02:30 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Mike McCarty wrote:
>>> It works very much like FluShot+ for MSDOS did.
>> An antivirus program of any sort has pretty much nothing in common with
>> Mandatory Access Control. I am not sure what sort of relationship you
>> see in between them.
>
> If memory serves, Flu-shot+, attempted to prevent virus replication by
> redirecting system interrupts that would allow such. So I can sort of
> see how someone might draw a parallel in a narrow-minded sense. After
> that, however, the two diverge a lot conceptually.

Yes. The mechanics were similar to those of SELinux, but
that's all. FluShot+ watched for "dangerous" activities,
and would deny access. I don't see any particular correspondence
between anti-viral software and SELinux generally, except in
a very vague "prevent unauthorized access" sense. It's the
mechanics of the working which is analogous.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.