thunderbird 2.0

macgirvin no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sat Sep 1 10:54:56 UTC 2007

I had just noticed the same thing (mailbox views missing in TB 2.x) and found this thread. The prior comment was partially correct. Click on a blank space in the menubar to customize it, but the option is actually a 'view:' tool which you can then drag to your toolbar. This is totally different than the quick search.

A friend and I wrote the first 'mailbox view' software back in the early 90's (the xlview and ML Unix mail readers) and I fought for years to get it included in Netscape when I worked there. It was nice to have it finally show up in Thunderbird ten years later. Then it was quite disturbing to find it had vanished, but it's still there, just not exposed. Those who have used custom (named) views can't live without them.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=198031&topic_id=43278&forum=10#forumpost198031
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame mike at macgirvin.com.