DD not working--SUCCESS!

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Sun Sep 2 13:56:12 UTC 2007

El Domingo, 2 de Septiembre de 2007 15:38, Claude Jones escribió:
> > Since none of us knows him personally, we can only disscuss about his
> > posts. Some weeks ago his posts where slighty off topic or
> > just...annonying.
>
> So what? Does that justify the invective that was heaped on him

He was told hundred of times to avoid those emails. He said nothing, and
despite of that, he kept sending offtopics.
I do understand people hostility to him, when you tell the same thing three,
four, five times and nothing change...

> > Most likely the sort of posts you might need to write in
> > a blog, not in a mailing list where people try to help each other.
>
> yeah, yeah...
>
> > As Mike wrote, he calmed down, and he seems to understand how, more or
> > less, this list works, which is great.
>
> You speak of Karl in the third person, like he was some vegetable - "he
> didn't taste so good before, but now I put some salt on him and he's much
> better..."

Hehehe I admit that was funny :-)
On the other hand, I think you know what I meant.
It's great and would be better if he definetly uses the list to help people
and not as his personal blog. I'm glad he has already started to change his
behaviour.

> You snipped the most important point I make, in my view, which is the
> appalling lack of charity exhibited here -- witness Mr. Day's remarks
> about "slapping him around" in his last huffy post. Do you feel all warm
> and fuzzy with that metaphor?

The first emails sent to Karl, I guess they were polite and nice. Trying to
make him understand what is this list about and stuff.
As I said above, no all of us has the same patience, and it's normal in a
mailing list with lot of people that some of the get mad when their mails, in
the beggining, polite ones, have no effect.

Anyways, just to set things straight, I want to be clear, I have nothing
against Karl, I just don't understand some kinda emails he sent to the list
some time before.

Cheers
Manuel
--