ATI/AMD to play nice with graphics and work with Red Hat???

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 5 22:43:20 UTC 2007

Dave Stevens wrote:
> Does Red Hat have anything to say about free driver development with ATI?
>
> Dave

Just to clarify, what ATI has said is that they will provide the
specification for their hardware so that *others* can write a free
driver. There is no guarantee that it will happen but that seems likely.

I am not sure there will be a official response from Red Hat on this but
I am pretty sure anything that helps in writing a Free software driver
is going to be welcome.

Rahul