Problem with gaim/pidgin

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Sep 8 00:44:46 UTC 2007

I get an immediate error when I start pidgin:
"libnm_glib_nm_state_cb: dbus returned an error.
(org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown)
The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided
by any .service files"

Does this mean that pidgin requires NM (NetworkManager)?
NM does not work with my WiFi card (Orinoco Gold),
so that would be a fatal drawback in my case.

Is there any rival Linux program for accessing MSN messages?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366