Successful install of Fedora7 in VPC2007 guest

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Sep 8 13:36:12 UTC 2007

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Ok, I used the AddRemove and searched for alsa, which brought me a lot
> of packages starting with alsa, but one was a gui program.
> After installing it I ave Alsa Mixer on the menu, but it is not very
> useful, only a number of volume controls for various sources, most of
> which are at 75% anyway.
> No test button or such...
>
> So I am no further.

Because the mixer is intended for use is adjusting the sound levels
of audio sources in normal use, there is no test button. It is
expected that you will be listening to some sound source when you
adjust the sound levels. I suspect that you are going to have to set
the controls to 100%, or change the sound settings on the guest os.
I do not know for sure, but I suspect that the output from the
virtual sound card in the guest os is then fed into one input of the
sound card of the host os.

Mikkel