Fedora 7: a problem with ntp ?

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Sat Sep 8 19:44:53 UTC 2007

> Dumb question - what kernel are the FC6 systems running, and what
> kernel is the F7 system running? Could there be a problem on your
> system with the new "tickless" kernels and ntpd?

Fedora Core 6 uses 2.6.20-1.2962.fc6
Fedora 7 uses 2.6.22.4-65.fc7

I also thought the kernel might be a problem. But for some reason
noone else has it. It makes me think it's something with the
configuration. But in fact it's a clean install of Fedora 7 with all
the option set to its default values (except for the firewall and
selinux which are disabled) and just ntp turned on...

Can it be a problem with my hardware (I mean motherboard)? Is there a
way to trace it?

Thanks!