Hyperlinks in email bodies received by thunderbird-2.0.0.5-1.fc7

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Sep 9 14:24:04 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 11:50:03 +0200,
  "joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de" <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:

> in the most emails, containing hyperlinks in the body, such hyperlinks
> are marked by thunderbird.
>
> But in a few such emails, they are not marked. Can somebody explain
> this? Especially, if I compose additional other emails to myself
> containing these URL's, the are marked after I received them.

It could be that you are mostly seeing message bodies that are text/html
and that the exceptions are in text/plain. It also could be that the email
client is doing pattern matching to pick out URLs in text/plain parts
and some URLs aren't matching the pattern.

Someone who knows more about Thunderbird might be able to give you a more
definitive answer. However the above might be enough for you to go back
and look at your example email messages and see if either case seems to
account for what you are seeing.