Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 18:16:04 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

>>> No.  It seems that the people I work with are much more experienced
>>> and or
>>> informed.
>> I don't get it. I thought you said they weren't experienced with Fedora.
>>  Are they or aren't they?
>>
> Strange - the original message, before you cut it, was talking about
> being experienced enough to know what to base their decision on. You
> do not have to experienced in Fedora to do that.

What?  I wrote the original part about having experience with Fedora
being useful to administer RHEL/Centos.

> Knowing the
> philosophy of Fedora is enough.

That has nothing to do with anything I was saying.

> Taking things out of context to try
> and make your point again?

I think I know the context of my own message.  It was that if you have
experience installing/maintaining fedora, it will take a lot less
training in administration to also manage RHEL/Centos servers than any
distribution that uses a different style and set of tools.  And that is
something an organization should consider if they aren't planning to
outsource all their system management.  If the reply didn't respond to
that issue, that's where the context was lost.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com