How to install Fedora 7 to a CF card connected via IDE-CF adapter?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Sep 10 22:43:31 UTC 2007

Andrew Junev wrote:

> Now I didn't get it. Should it work or should it not? And what shall I
> do in order to make it work?

Phil's input pretty much follows my experience with CF cards.

I was referring to using 'linux expert' to start the installer which
will allow devices which should recognize and allow installation on
devices which do not show when using the default installer start method.
I tried this for USB hard disks so figured it might work for other
devices also.

> Unfortunately I don't have that machine in front of me at the moment.
> But I hope I remember it right that the CF card was detected in UDMA
> mode.
>
> And I use a CF-IDE adapter, not a PCMCIA card or some other card
> reader. So it *should* work as a plain IDE HDD. But for some reason
> installer doesn't detect it...

With Phil's posting, removable drive may rely on the controller in the
cards. I don't really know.

Alan's question and suggestion might lead somewhere. Hit an miss it
seems to be with those devices.

--
Political speeches are like steer horns.  A point here, a point there,
and a lot of bull inbetween.