Automatically partitioning hard drives - Kickstart?

Langdon Stevenson langdon at lindenrow.com.au
Thu Sep 13 23:45:41 UTC 2007

Hi

Can anyone suggest an easy way to repetitively partition a standard
drive set with a standard partition layout?

I have a hard drive partitioning scheme that I need to replicate
regularly when setting up new servers.  Once the partitions are in place
I use G4L to restore a snapshot of the server install.

I have been looking at using an Ananconda Kickstart file with the
required partition scheme configured in it.  This would be ideal, but I
don't know if it is possible to make the installer terminate before it
begins installing the OS.

The partition scheme includes: software raid devices and LVM devices, so
any solution would have to include support for creating them.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Langdon