caching nameserver

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 18 13:24:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 09:10 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 September 2007, Patrick wrote:
> >On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 01:05 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> >> Following the directions and making sure I have all of the packages
> >> noted install, I find I have no file to edit named:
> >> /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
> >>
> >> I'm supposed to edit the file in the "global section", which of course I
> >> have none. Thanx, Ric
> >
> >On my F7 laptop named.conf lives in /etc:
> >/etc/named.conf
> >
> Ric is asking about the chrooted version.  I take it you missed that little
> detail...

Yes I missed that so thanks for pointing that out. I have a named.conf
file in /var/named/chroot/etc/. It is part of the bind-chroot rpm.
Perhaps double check if bind-chroot really is installed?

[patrick at laptop ~]$ rpm -ql bind-chroot | grep named.conf
/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf

Regards,
Patrick