Evolution 2.8.2

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Sep 18 13:26:35 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 19:18 -0700, Joseph Loo wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 12:01 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> >
> > Just copy the content of the .evolution directory to the new machine.
> > Evo 2.10 (Feodra 7?) / 2.12 (RW) will import the configuration.
> > However, be aware that Evo 2.8.2 won't be able to use the .evolution
> > files once they were upgraded.
> >
> > - Gilboa
> >
> Unless I did something wrong, I tried that already. The filters did not appear nor
> the address books. It seems that the t\sever settings did appear. By the way, since,
> it is a new computer, I just copied the files so I have an intact version for 2.8.2

You also want to maybe try copying over the .gconf/apps/evolution folder
as well.

Just a side note.  Something I do on new installs is copy both of the
above files over.  But, I do them *before* I open evolution, and before
those files are created.  So maybe if you delete the .evolution
and .gconf/apps/evolution folders on your new install, then copy both of
them, that might get you closer to what you want?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"