How best get rid of SELinux?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 20 16:01:51 UTC 2007

Beartooth wrote:
> 	I keep it set to -- supposedly -- NON-enforcing, because of the
> warning in the installer against eliminating it; but it keeps making all
> kinds of trouble, anyway.

It shouldn't cause any trouble if you set to permissive mode. Can you
explain what problems you are having?

Run the following command as root to verify the mode

# getenforce

Can I just command "yum remove selinux"?

SELinux is not a single package. You can remove the policy files but the
SELinux library is used by many core packages and cannot be removed
easily. See previous discussions in this list in the archives for more
details.

Rahul