Request Regarding the "Remove SELinux" Thread

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Fri Sep 21 23:35:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 09:16 +1000, Res wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Craig White wrote:

> >> Doubt it :)  thet are just as ignorant as m$, but teh good thing about
> >> Linux is, we have choices, and if its for desktop, there is opensuse which
> >> seems to be way more popular...
> >>
> >> These polls been up for a few months...
> >>
> >> desktops: polls.ausics.net/v1.php
> >> servers:  polls.ausics.net/v7.php
> > ----
> > heck - Ubuntu is shipping on Dells and will likely dominate desktops
> > because of their owner
>
> This might even be a good thing, since they are not bound to stupid U.S
> laws, I was going to instlal F7 and compare it to opensuse which looks
> real nice, and ubuntu, however i did not have time, and since F8 is only a
> little way off, I will wait till then and compare, what concerns me about
> ubuntu is the myriad of updates released, its not as bad as fedoras, but
> close to it, maybe this is why opensuse is becoming most popular? who
> knows..
----
you have this way of leaping to conclusions.

fedora 7 is a bit off since it represents a number of significant
changes whereas I would expect that Fedora 8 will be a bit less
aggressive.

opensuse is well...suse and I could not consign myself to suse after
Novell signed the agreement with Microsoft but that's just me.

I got the impression (and I have no empirical data to confirm this),
that ubuntu is starting to dominate desktop installations now.

--
Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com>