Folder synchronizing

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Sep 22 00:58:17 UTC 2007

On 20Sep2007 15:04, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
| On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:44:16 +0200
| Cyril Marti <cyril.marti at zapp.ch> wrote:
| > I thought i should be possible doing this using rsync, but didn't have
| > any success. Has anyone an example or an idea how to do this?
|
| Here is what I use to back up my home directory to my fileserver:
|
| rsync -rvz --links --delete /home/frankcox/ /mnt/fileserver/backup

There's no point in the -z option here since both rsyncs are local.

The OP will probably want the --modify-window=1 option too because of
Windows' low res file timestamps.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Every technical corrigendum is met by an equally troublesome new defect report.
        - Norman Diamond <diamond at jit.dec.com>