Failure starting compiz

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Sun Sep 23 23:59:05 UTC 2007

When I attempt to start compiz (using Fedora 7), it fails with the
following console output:

        gtk-window-decorator: Could not acquire decoration manager selection on screen 0 display ":0.0"

        (process:9514): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
        This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
        The overwriting error message was: File not found
        compiz: Failed to load slide: fedora-logo

        (process:9514): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
        This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
        The overwriting error message was: File not found
        compiz: Failed to load slide: /usr/share/pixmaps/fedora-logo

Since it works fine using another account on the same machine, I figure
there are probably some configuration settings somewhere that have
gotten hosed. But "rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/compiz" doesn't fix things, and
I'm not sure where else to look.

Any ideas?

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden at endoframe.com>