new computer with intelDG33BU motherboard

Duane Clark fpga at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 24 20:33:49 UTC 2007

Derek C Hopkins wrote:
> Hi All
>
>          Just got new a computer with Intel DG33BU motherboard 2.33
> cpu duo and two SAT2 250g drives.
>
>          1)  could not load CD's for fedora core 6
>
>          2) tried core 7   it loads but does not see  NIC card (on
> motherboard)  is any one using this board on Fedora ?

According to
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG33BU/index.htm

this board has the 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

I have a brand new Intel based machine, and according to
[root at palau ~]# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation DRAM Controller (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation PCI Express Root Port (rev 02)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)

I just installed Fedora 7 on it last week, and it picked up the ethernet
controller just fine for me.