OT: Use Thunderbird to pick up ROOT Mail?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 25 04:51:36 UTC 2007

Jacques B. wrote:
> It's going to want an e-mail address if I recall correctly.  Give it
> whatever @localhost.  It won't matter because then you simply click on
> the folder icon to navigate to your system mail and voilà (assuming
> that you've forwarded your root mail to your regular user account).
>
> I'm not on my Linux box right now, plus I un-installed it after I
> tested it as I prefer Evolution on my Linux platform (I use
> Thunderbird when in Windows) so I can't answer any better than that
> right now but I'm sure someone else can fill in the blanks at this
> point.  It will work.  I got it to work on mine no problem.
>
> Jacques B.

At least my filters work as advertized, now!

The icons are messed up, but that's livable.

Next step is to read the instructions, and see whether I
can read local mail. I'll need to send myslef some, first.
Then forward root to me, and set up another filter.

Thanks!

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.