FC7: NFS Server

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:22:06 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, William Murray <W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 15:00 -0400, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> >
> > I wanted to configure an export in my newly installed FC7 box and
> > found that
> > there is
> > no mountd and portmap in /etc/init.d.
> > I launch 'pirut' and realized that when you install FC7 there is no
> > NFS
> > Server option
> > under the Servers category. I do have nfs-utils installed.
> >
> > I saw nothing regarding this in the FC7 release notes or archives. Any
> > comments?
> >
> > thanks.
> > ~Aldo.
>    Hi aldo,
>         I'm a simpleminded gui user, but with nfs-utils-lib-1.0.8-10.fc7
> system-config-nfs-1.3.25-1.fc7 and nfs-utils-1.1.0-3.fc7 configuring it
> was OK.
>
> But I then had terrible selinux trouble. See:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-September/msg02075.html
>    Bill
>
> --

Bill,

I have the same packages as you do.
   # rpm -qa | grep nfs
   nfs-utils-1.1.0-3.fc7
   system-config-nfs-1.3.25-1.fc7
   nfs-utils-lib-1.0.8-10.fc7

But there is no pormap binary present in my system. I'm trying to find some
more
clues, but so far I'm not clear what went wrong. I did try the
system-config-nfs to
check properties and such, but it's hard to get away from the command line
once
you're used to it :-)

Thanks.
~Aldo