Internet setup problem.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 27 03:25:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 21:08 +0530, Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
> I have installed Fedora 7 on my system and am not able to setup by
> internet connection.I use a static IP to connect to the internet.I
> entered the IP address,subnet mask and Default Gateway in the space
> provided in Network Manager.But still am not able to connect to the
> net.

Are those parameters that you should have entered in your modem, and
your computer connects to your modem, instead of directly to the ISP?

It depends on the mode, some just act as a bridge, and all your
parameters are network settings on the PC.  Many are routers, and you
insert your ISP parameters into the modem.

You should probably say what modem you have, and what mode you operate
it in.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.