Networked KDE settings

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Thu Sep 27 18:20:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 12:59 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> > The [$i] is apparently not meaningful to a specific user's kdesktoprc
> > file itself but only meaningful on the the
> > system /usr/share/config/kdesktoprc or a system with kiosktool
> > installed.
>
> good question.  I *thought* it worked everywhere, here's the full horror of
> docs that cover the subject: :)
> http://techbase.kde.org/SysAdmin
> and in particular,
> http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/Kiosk/Introduction
----
Thanks - I think that this is a work in progress since it suggests that
to edit kdesktoprc, one would have to log off and log back on but that
hasn't necessarily been the case.

I'll keep playing with it. I do know that my system which has kiosktool
installed does behave differently than my editing another users'
settings on another system behind his back.

--
Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com>