Internet traffic and Azureus -

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Sep 28 06:20:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Tim wrote:

>> a job in an ISP, that way you can find out for yourself, margins are not
>> as great as you seem think. Anyone else operating an ISP on this list
>> would know what I'm talking about, but since this list is populated with
>> mostly recreational users, I'd never expect 99.9%r to see it from our side
>> of things.
>
> Nup, I'm calling your bluff.  If you want to argue that ISP costs are
> really prohibitive, *you* provide some numbers.

and, do you really think i am going to tell you? I dont have to justify
myself to anyone, no ISP administrator has to, especially to a bunch of
rednecks on some lame mailing list, im not that stupid to have myself
face court for breach of disclosure. I have however told you how to find
out, but i guess that means you cant "chest beat" in public so you
consider you have no point or need in doing so, becasue were you to do
so, you too would be under a NDA.

> Yes, I've seen those in computer industries who cry poor, but have a
> Porche in the car park, and have essentially a lazy work life with hours

thats not the average ISP, contrary to your funny little minds thoughs, a
lot of drive $30K cars, and work 12 plus hours a day 6 or 7 days a week,
some of the smaller ISP's owner/admis work 18 hours a day 7 days a week,
maybe taking christmas day off as a bonus and easter if they are lucky.

--

Cheers
Res