Built in card reader not detected

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 00:01:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a centrino duo notebook with a built in Ricoh card reader (for
SD / XD / MMC cards and memory sticks), which I can't make work.

lspci shows:
05:03.1 Generic system peripheral [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822
SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 19)
05:03.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device 0843 (rev 01)
05:03.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host
Adapter (rev 0a)
05:03.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev
05)

I've asked about this problem in this list sometime ago and have been
researching it, but found no solution yet. Nothing appears
in /var/log/messages when a card is inserted in the device. I've tried
memory sticks and XD cards, these are the ones I have available here.
I'm running F7 fully updated.
Anyone has this device working with memory sticks or xd cards?

Thanks,

Marcelo