Built in card reader not detected

Jesus Jr M Salvo jesus.m.salvo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 05:00:42 UTC 2007

On 29/09/2007, Marcelo Magno T. Sales <mmtsales at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a centrino duo notebook with a built in Ricoh card reader (for
> SD / XD / MMC cards and memory sticks), which I can't make work.
>
> lspci shows:
> 05:03.1 Generic system peripheral [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822
> SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 19)
> 05:03.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device 0843 (rev 01)
> 05:03.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host
> Adapter (rev 0a)
> 05:03.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev
> 05)
>
> I've asked about this problem in this list sometime ago and have been
> researching it, but found no solution yet. Nothing appears
> in /var/log/messages when a card is inserted in the device. I've tried
> memory sticks and XD cards, these are the ones I have available here.
> I'm running F7 fully updated.
> Anyone has this device working with memory sticks or xd cards?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo
>
> --

I have the same peripheral on my Compaq Presario V6017AU:

07:05.1 Generic system peripheral [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822
SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 19)
07:05.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device 0843 (rev 01)
07:05.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host
Adapter (rev 0a)
07:05.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev 05)

I could not get it to work several months ago and did not bother
following-up too much. Fortunately, I have an USB HP multifunction
printer that has a SD/MMC/MS/XD slot on it, and I put my digital
camera memory card in it, and the printer exposes it to the notebook
as a new USB device.

John