[Fedora] Re: gorged harddrive

charles f. zeitler cfzeitler at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 03:23:37 UTC 2008

--- "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:

> charles f. zeitler wrote:
> > 883393808812    torrents_isos/data
> >
> > somethings wrong with t*s/data  ....
> >
>     This is very indicative of an open file handle not having been
> closed properly, and even after removing the physical file, the drive
> structure still believes it's there.
>
>     In my case, that was a syslog issue where I deleted a file, but its
> handle remained open.  Restarting syslog took care of it.
>
>     In your case, I would suggest restarting whatever process it is that
> writes to those files on that drive, and failing that, restart the
> computer and force a file check on that drive.

thanks for the reply.

i have already tried re-booting & fsck'ing...
might have to resort to more drastic measures...

charles zeitler

:                  Do  What Thou  Wilt                     :

:                       Shall  Be                          :

:                The  Whole  of The  Law                   :

                            --Aleister Crowley--