gorged harddrive & du

charles f. zeitler cfzeitler at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 21:28:24 UTC 2008

--- "charles f. zeitler" <cfzeitler at yahoo.com> wrote:

> i've been pruning my "downloads" disk,
> rather drastically, and not making a dent.
>
> today some more, less drastic but still
> hefty, same result.
>
> revisited du- checked it twice - three
> times- yup, it reports one directory at
> 800+ gb- on a 400gb disk!

thanks to those who pointed out some details on du...
i tried du -s & got consistent results as with df.
apparently i was not pruning as much as i thought,
due to the way azureus handles sparse files, as
some kindly pointed out.

time to whip ou8t the pruing shears!

thanks all, for your help.

charles zeitler

:                  Do  What Thou  Wilt                     :

:                       Shall  Be                          :

:                The  Whole  of The  Law                   :

                            --Aleister Crowley--