PolicyKit problem HELP!

Matto thematto at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 02:24:40 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

My earlier post regarding Xen and KVM has been wittled down to a policy kit
problem.

Here is the output, perhaps someone can give me a hint (google has not been
helpful) ?:

[matt at localhost ~]$ polkit-grant --gain org.libvirt.unix.manage
Attempting to gain the privilege for org.libvirt.unix.manage.
Authentication is required.
Password:
Keep this privilege for the session? [no/session]?
session
Successfully gained the privilege for org.libvirt.unix.manage.
[matt at localhost ~]$ virsh -c qemu:///system list
Attempting to gain the privilege for org.libvirt.unix.manage.
polkit-grant-helper: given auth type (8 -> yes) is bogus
Failed to gain the privilege for org.libvirt.unix.manage.
libvir: Remote error : authentication failed
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Thanks,

Matt