Cursive script fonts

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 04:45:06 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> I could really use some readable cursive fonts, preferably the same font(s)
> for gimp and OpenOffice. Does anyone have a good pointer?

Depends on what you mean by 'cursive' and 'readable' :)  There are a
lot of fonts on dafont.com that are free, and many more that are free
for personal use.  Of course there are a *lot* of bad fonts to sort
through on that site. The 'Handwritten' section contains what I would
call cursive fonts and while most are not extremely readable, some are
quite nice.

Dropping into ~/.fonts is a good idea, and there is also a font
manager in F8 - fontypython - that essentially creates symlinks from
whatever font files you specify to your ~/.fonts dir on demand.  It
isn't in F9 yet b/c I'm extremely busy and haven't repackaged it yet
:(

Chris