Partitions being mounted in fc8

don vogt donvogt2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 07:29:41 UTC 2008

>On March 26th you gave your user "donvogt" the
privilege >to mount internal
>hard-disks. Normally that means you were prompted for
>the root password.

>Run as root "polkit-grant --delete donvogt" or delete
>the corresponding
>ticket in /var/run/PolicyKit manually. After
unmounting >the partitions,
>they should not come back next time you log in.

I looked in /var/run/PolicyKit and it is empty.
I ran the polkit-grant --delete donvogt and rebooted.
The partitions are still mounted.
 I think Mar 26 was the day I installed fc8 from the
liveCD and did "yum update". If I gave me that
privilege, I don't remember (not at all surprising).
 I guess I can add a "cd /media"  "sudo umount *" to
rc.local or somewhere. Not very elegant, but so far I
can't find any comprehensible (for a user)
documentation on where or how this stuff is
controlled.
In /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf, I have

<config version="0.1">
 <match user="donvogt">
              <return result="yes"/>
 </match>
</config>

Which I got out of the manual. I suspect that has the
effect of turning off whatever controls PolicyKit is
trying to control. In my case that may be OK since I
am the only user (until I get rootkited).
 Thanks for the help.