Problem with sata2 and raid1.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 16:39:08 UTC 2008

On 15/04/08 13:23, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 21:51:05 +0200,
>   Peter Boy <pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
>> Am Montag, den 14.04.2008, 16:17 +0200 schrieb Erik P. Olsen:
>>
>>> I know next to nothing about md and dmraid. Is there a howto doc somewhere that
>>> I could read?
>> Linux Software Raid:
>
> For a fresh install of Fedora you can do a custom layout and configure how
> you want to use software raid. It isn't hard to figure out with a little
> playing around. You can even use raid 1 for /boot since the raid information
> as at the end of the partition and each element of a raid 1 array looks
> like a normal file system to grub.

OK. I'll play around. I just need an answer to one question to get started. In
my box I have two IDE disks and two sata-2 disks. I'll leave the IDE-disks
untouched and install next fedora version on the sata disks in a raid 1
configuration. Now, when I do the system install how do I teach anaconda to read
and write the sata disks?

--
Erik.