Matlab installation Error in fedora 8

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 17 00:35:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:06:23 -0400, osama mahdi wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have fedora 8 x86_64 in my laptop, I tried to install Matlab, which
> consist of three CDs, first I inserted CD1 and run the install script
> and everything goes very well, then the installer asked for CD2, the
> problem is that I could not eject the CD drive to insert CD2 instead of
> Cd1, the system keep saying it is busy, I believe the installer locked
> it, how can I solve this problem please?
>
> I reported this problem before, and thanks for all guys who replied but
> unfortunately nothing  solve this problem
>
> Thanks
> Hi Guys,<br><br>I have fedora 8 x86_64 in my laptop, I tried to install
> Matlab, which consist of three CDs, first I inserted CD1 and run the
> install script and everything goes very well, then the installer asked
> for CD2, the problem is that I could not eject the CD drive to insert
> CD2 instead of Cd1, the system keep saying it is busy, I believe the
> installer locked it, how can I solve this problem please?<br> <br>I
> reported this problem before, and thanks for all guys who replied but
> unfortunately nothing  solve this problem <br
> clear="all"><br>Thanks<br>

Run the installer from the command prompt, not by clicking on any icons.
If a file manager pops up when you put the first cd in, close it. Open a
shell (command terminal) and as root, run the installer like so:

# /media/cdrom/install

When you run this command you should be in any directory other than
/media/cdrom. If you are in /media/cdrom then the cd cannot be umounted
so it can't be ejected either.