Matlab installation Error in fedora 8

Osama Mahdi osama.mahdi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 05:16:36 UTC 2008

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have fedora 8 x86_64 in my laptop, I tried to install Matlab, which
> consist of three CDs, first I inserted CD1 and run the install script and
> everything goes very well, then the installer asked for CD2, the problem is
> that I could not eject the CD drive to insert CD2 instead of Cd1, the system
> keep saying it is busy, I believe the installer locked it, how can I solve
> this problem please?
>
> I reported this problem before, and thanks for all guys who replied but
> unfortunately nothing  solve this problem
>
> Thanks
>

> If the cd was mounted automatically, check that the directory is not
> still open.  Check the bottom toolbar and close the drive if it appears
> there.  On my system I have had Nautilus keep a window open in the
> background due to the automount by hald.
>
> Regards,
> Les H
>
> Run the installer from the command prompt, not by clicking on any icons.
> If a file manager pops up when you put the first cd in, close it. Open a
> shell (command terminal) and as root, run the installer like so:
>
> # /media/cdrom/install
>
> When you run this command you should be in any directory other than
> /media/cdrom. If you are in /media/cdrom then the cd cannot be umounted
> so it can't be ejected either.
>
> -Amadeus

I tried both of the above solutions, I disable the auto mount and closed
all folders, I also create a local directory and started the
installation from the command line but the problem still exists.

I tried to force unmounting the drive then ejecting it by using:
umount -l  /media/cdrom
eject

and I successfully ejected the cdrom but matlab did not recognize it as
CD2 and still considering it as CD1.

so I tried to force mounting it using mount /dev/res0 /media/cdrom, but
I got error saying /dev/res0 is busy or already mounted.

Thanks Guys