Samsung printer woes

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Apr 18 12:30:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Da Rock wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 19:18 +0930, Tim wrote:
>> On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 18:39 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
>>> Right now I'm going to have rant:
<<snip rant and part of responses>>

> Ok, (we're going off the point a little here) so you're about tell a
> manufacturer who is willing to cooperate with OSS and provide drivers to
> shove it where the sun don't shine because of a system which for all
> purposes that I can see here does squat?
>
> We want manufacturers to cooperate to get people away from the shit made
> by M$ which causes us a lot of grief by being zombified and attacking
> linux systems, choking networks and systems, etc. Making life difficult
> for them is not a good thing...

Accepting software (or hardware for that matter) which does not meet
standards with respect to security and function is also not a good thing.
Unfortunately today it appears that customer pain is the only leverage
available for to enforce those standards.

I've got my own beefs with SELinux, mostly because I have yet to wrap my
head around trouble shooting the system.