F8 update kills KDE

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 05:40:55 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 21:05 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> --- Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> >If KDE4 isn't ready yet for prime-time, why
> > release it??
>
> Because the only way that the software becomes better
> is if we test it and report bugs so that they get
> fixed and in the end we will all win.  I guess the
> Fedora philosophy answers this question right away.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview
>
> <quote>
> What is Fedora? Fedora is a Linux-based operating
> system that showcases the latest in free and open
> source software. Fedora is always free for anyone to
> use, modify, and distribute. It is built by people
> across the globe who work together as a community: the
> Fedora Project. The Fedora Project is open and anyone
> is welcome to join. The Fedora Project is out front
> for you, leading the advancement of free, open
> software and content.
> </quote>

Good Lord, Antonio, I could have quoted that one by heart. So, I know
the deal, but if it is so crippled that it fails, releasing it on us
might not be a great experience. We do expect ~most~ things to work, in
Beta Fashion, but not as in Alpha fashion. Since I have not tried it, I
can't say from my experience, but others are plainly very unhappy, so
that makes me a tad nervous. Iron out the major stuff, then release.
IMHO. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar