some questions about F9 preview

Brian Millett bmillett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 02:12:56 UTC 2008

I just installed it and noticed 2 items:

Oh, this is on a sun x4100 M2

1) I set up eth0 to be static with the correct mask, gateway & dns

When the system came up, the /etc/resolv.conf was empty with a comment at the top that it
was configured by NetworkManager.  Looking at the network card, the check box to have it
controlled by NetworkManager was not checked.  It finally came up when I did a "ifup eth0"

2) I wanted to be a user 'fred' that would have him home as a partition that is encrypted,
everything else not encrypted, so I had setup a partition to mount /home/fred and to be
encrypted.

System boots, asks for a passphrase, and continues.

If I boot and try to ignore the encrypted partition, it just fails and reboots.

How do I by pass mounting the partition that is encrypted?

Otherwise, its looking good.
--
Brian Millett - [ Londo (to Garibaldi), "The Gathering"]
"You're a security chief. Shouldn't you be out securing something?"