Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 18:04:16 UTC 2008

Robin Laing wrote:
> Now if the Fedora had major third party repositories in yum to be
> used for "other applications" that wouldn't be illegal.  But giving
> exact instructions would be.
>
> This is related to sites pointing to DeCSS if I am correct.
>
> How about links to other web sites that provide information on
> Fedora and using it?  Would that be illegal?

I read on one of the fedora lists a few months back that Red Hat's
legal department said there was some legal room for Fedora to mention
Livna to users without running afoul of silly US laws.  But I do not
know fully what that method was nor what the became of that with
regards to adding references to any of the Fedora documentation or
wiki.

Perhaps someone that knows the details can elaborate?  (Rahul? :)

Learn from the mistakes of others--you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.
    -- John Luther